Swing Beam Bending
Swing beam bending is an excellent method for bending metal sheets. With our MAK 4 Evolution - Swing beam bending machine we can produce complex bent parts up to a length of 4,040 mm.
Our machine can bend plates up to a length of 4,000 mm. Steel and aluminium can be processed up to a thickness of 4 mm. Stainless steel can be bent up to a thickness of 3mm.
Thanks to the Up-Down Technology of our swing bending machine, the sheets can be bent equally in the upward and downward movement of the bending beam. The time-consuming turning of the work pieces is no longer necessary, which means that even complex bent parts can be produced in a shorter time and with less handling effort.
Swing beam bending in action!
Take a look at our video!
Only one universal set of tools is required for the production of different angles, radii and for the processing of different sheet thicknesses. By eliminating the set-up times, time is saved and this time saving also has a positive effect on costs. If tool changes are necessary, the machine is able to change them independently and automatically, which keeps set-up times at a low level.
With short set-up times and a high degree of automation, swing beam bending is an efficient and cost-effective bending process.
The work pieces are precisely positioned and fixed by a vacuum clamping system on the machine table for the bending process.
Swing bending enables us to bend even very short legs. By aligning short bending segments (step bending), radii of any size can be produced. In contrast to edges with punch and die, the bending lines of the dies are not visible. The process is very well suitable for scratch-free processing of stainless steel sheets or metal sheets with coated surfaces.
Hems for stabilizing work pieces can be produced without changing tools. Due to the short set-up times and the high degree of automation, swing bending is an efficient and cost-effective bending process.
All advantages at a glance
- Bending freely adjustable angles without changing tools
- Radii can be produced in any size by follow-on bending without special tools
- Production of envelopes on request
- Holes, threads and recesses are not deformed
- Edges of sensitive or coated materials
- Surface damage is largely avoided
Lower costs per unit
- Only one person is required to operate the machine
- Efficient series production due to high degree of automation
- Cost savings increase for larger series
- Low set-up times due to fully automatic tool change
- Easy handling of the workpieces
- Bending in both directions without turning the workpiece
- Device housings
- Switch cabinets
- Panels for facades, doors etc.
- Coated profiles for shop fitting
- Wall cladding
- Kitchen equipment for restaurants and catering companies