It is obvious that not every weld can be welded horizontally and in the flat position. Occasionally other welding positions can be necessary for the design or construction of assemblies and adapters, as the workpiece cannot be placed in the required position due to its size or shape.
- PA = Flat welding position
- PB = Horizontal welding position
- PC = Horizontal welding on vertical wall
- PD =Horizontal overhead position
- PE = Overhead position for butt welds
- PG = Vertical welding from top to bottom
- PF = Vertical welding from bottom to top
In order to inform the welders, in which position the workpiece has to be welded, abbreviations were introduced in the EN 6947 and EN-ISO 9606 standards, from which the welding position can be clearly read.
Argon is a noble gas and hardly reacts with other elements. For this reason argon is particularly suitable as a shielding gas for MIG/TIG welding.Read more
Demmeler 3D welding tables
In order to weld complex assemblies perfectly, the components are fixed on the Demmeler table.Read more
Electric arc welding
Welding processes that melt materials using an electric arc are known as arc-welding.Read more